This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
1. recover the blob from database
2. create a stream that reads the contents of the blob
3. feed the stream to a parser to create a DOM (Document Object Model) of the document in memory
4. modify the DOM
5. serialize the DOM back to text
6. store the modified text in database
How far have you gotten?
How familiar are you with Java's XML related library?