A friendly place for programming greenhorns!
Big Moose Saloon
Register / Login
Win a copy of
Node.js in Action
this week in the
Spring Security implementaion for a web application ?
Joined: Aug 26, 2009
Aug 27, 2009 23:18:57
We are developing
based Web application having different users
we have classified the users on role basis.
Roles defined as below:
1. Office Admin - Admin can access entire application screens and links related to particular office
2. Senior Employee-this employee should access particular screens and links where permissions allowed by Office Admin
3. Normal Employee-this employee should access particular screens and links where permissions allowed by Senior Employee
Query: 1. How to define role permissions using Spring Security?
2. Is it possible screen/jsp page locking using Spring security?
3. How many ways spring security can be implemented for (domain, screen , table ) permissions or locking?
Please find the attached screen shot and anyone can give better solution , it will be great for me.
Joined: Jul 23, 2009
Aug 31, 2009 14:42:48
Hmm im no expert, but iv tried using spring security (and is still using it now).
This reference is quite straign forward.
Basically you need these fields: username, password, role and enabled defined in your database.
and im not sure spring security is capable of page/jsp locking. i think not.
I agree. Here's the link:
subject: Spring Security implementaion for a web application ?
security-constraint + http-methods
Webapp-Security chapter revision notes from HFSJ , may be useful
Dynamic Spring 3 Security?
Authorization over UIComponents with JSF 2.0
Spring security in same project by two separate user entities(Customer & User table)
All times are in JavaRanch time: GMT-6 in summer, GMT-7 in winter
| Powered by
Copyright © 1998-2014