I did not understand than when you use the flag enctype="multipart/form-data" in the form, you no longer see any of the field values. They are all hidden in the special "multipart/form-data". So my testing for query parameters or other arguments failed.
Once I realized this, I could use the Apache test code:
and then branch to completely separate code to pull apart the "multi-part arguments.
I'm not happy with the cleanliness of the code, as I can't rely upon any ordering of the multi-part arguments, so I don't know if I have the name I want before I get the file name. But, the basics are working, and I can clean it up later. :-)