I believe some of us are following J2EE RI, that has the Sun System Application Server, Java DB and Sun MQ. I tried to create two tables and added relationship through constraints.
As part of learning, I wanted to drop those constraints and add a different constraints. However, the constraints were refusing to go away. I believe I am making mistake in the SQL syntax, but I could not correct.
Your help me would be very useful in rightfully dropping the constraints and let me delete the tables.
I had created 2 tables and added relationship within them.
Now, when both the tables have to be deleted, they refuse to go away.
ij> DROP TABLE BANK;
The error message is :
ERROR X0Y25: Operation 'DROP CONSTRAINT' cannot be performed on object 'SQL09090
9021415680' because CONSTRAINT 'ORGANIZATION_BANK' is dependent on that object.
Both the tables flash similar error messages. I deleted the contents.
ij> ALTER TABLE ORGANIZATION DROP CONSTRAINT ORGANIZATION_BANK;
0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
I tried to do the above. But still the deletion of the table was not possible.
So tried the following. It gives an error.
ij> ALTER TABLE ORGANIZATION DROP CONSTRAINT BMNYRGNZTNSRGNZTND;
ERROR 42X86: ALTER TABLE failed. There is no constraint 'APP.BMNYRGNZTNSRGNZTND'
on table 'APP.ORGANIZATION'.
But I seem to be missing something. I don't want to reinstall Java DB, because I have to make several changes as part of learning and it may delay the process if I reinstalled for every change.
Thanks in advance,
Joined: Oct 08, 2002
I managed to delete the tables and its associated constraints. I don't know the mechanism behind it. It just happened.
I had written a OneToMany (Bank) and ManyToOne (Organization) bidirectional relationship, and configured the oracle.toplinkessentials as create Tables=true.
During deployment, it had created one more table Bank_Organization. I don't know why it created, because I thought only a ManyToMany requires an intermediate table. Not deleting this table seems to be a problem. When I deleted this table, Bank and Organization were deletable.
I hope this would help anybody who faced a similar problem.
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com