This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
I have a web application built using Struts 1.3. Now we want to convert it to jboss portal.
Following are choices:
1. Write portlet classes and copy code from Action Classes and add to portlet classes.
- Advantage : Complete life cycle is portal based.
- Disadvantage : Struts application is no longer needed.
2. Use a struts portlet bridge
- Advantages - Still will be able to use Action classes with portal like look and feel.
- Disadvantage - I am not getting very comfort feeling with bridge as i am not sure full set features, industry practises. I have also read about certain limitations regarding (not able to user request.getParameter() style in JSP pages...)
Please share your thoughts/suggestions/experiences of using bridges.
Thanks and Regards,
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com
subject: Suggestion on usage of Struts Portlet Bridge for jboss portlets