I have a few doubts regarding the preparation for SCBCD 5 exam.
1) In EJB3.0 Core Specification there are a few chapters as follows
Chapter 7 - Client View of an EJB 2.1 Entity Bean
Chapter 8 - EJB 2.1 Entity Bean Component Contract for Container-Managed Persistence
Chapter 9 - EJB QL: EJB 2.1 Query Language for Container-Managed Persistence Query Methods
Chapter 10 - EJB 2.1 Entity Bean Component Contract for Bean-Managed Persistence
Chapter 11 - EJB 1.1 Entity Bean Component Contract for Container-Managed Persistence
Do i need to go through these chapters for the exam?
2) Will there be any questions on EJB3.0 and Web-services other than the one specified in the SCBCD Objective ("Identify correct and incorrect statements or examples about implementing a session bean as a web service endpoint, including rules for writing a web service endpoint interface and use of the @WebService and @WebMethod annotations.")
3) Will there be any questions on performance and scalability of EJB3.0? (there is a whole chapter dedicated to this in "EJB3.0 In Action")
4) Which is a better exam simulator (or should i purchase both of them)
The Enthuware (or)
5) Do we need to memorize all the meta data Annotations and elements of different deployment descriptors(persistence.xml, orm.xml, ejb-jar.xml)
Could anyone please clarify the above doubts so that i can concentrate on Objective specific topics for the exam rather than those which are not required for the exam.
1) You only need to know how to use an EJB2.X from an EJB3, and vice-versa.
2) I don't think so
4) I used Enthuware and it found it very good
5) You need to memorize annotations. Most elements of deployement descriptors can be deduced from the annotations, but the exam is not focusing much on the xml notation. Mostly (99%?) annotations.