Here is what I imagine could be a possible solution:
- The desktop application acts as a regular web service client and sends some data to a web service.
- The web service receives the data and updates the model of the web service + web application.
Alternatively, the web service can update a database.
- The update to the model or the database causes the web application to be notified that there is a change in the model data.
- The view of the web application request the new data and updates the view.
The problems with the above are:
- Does the web service and web application share a common model?
You don't say anything about the relation between the web service and web application - are they deployed in the same container, on the same machine or in different machines etc?
- How does the (web) view know, or get to know, that there has been an update to the data?
I don't know what plans you have for the UI - I guess you could use AJAX to push updates from the model to the web view.
Hope this is of any help!
Joined: Aug 01, 2008
That is exactly what I thought. But I needed this answer.