This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
I am using Axis2 version 1.5. I am new to this. I have successfully created a JAR file, renamed it as AAR, deployed it using Axis2 Admin console and successfully called the web service from a client. The enpoint is like: http://localhost:9081/axis2/services/CalculatorService where services is the name of the project and CalculatorService is the name of the web service.
I would like to know what I need to do if I want to deploy the application using my application server's admin console (WebSphere 6.1 Admin console) instead of using Axis2 admin console. Also, can I have a web project (WAR, or EAR file) that will get deployed using WebSphere Admin console, instead of using Axis2 admin console? If I used WebSphere's admin console to deploy the JAR file for the services project, it may not be under axis2 context. As I understand, it is important to have axis2 in the context. If I deploy using Admin console of WebSphere for example, what am I required to do?
With that being the reference, following are my questions:
1. What do I need to do to deploy an application (JAR, WAR, EAR) using my application server's Admin console (e.g. WebSphere) ? Please provide any guidence, or any link/documentation.
2. Or, is Axis2 admin console the only choice to deploy an application?
3. Is there any special step needed for deploying WAR and EAR (as opposed to JAR) using application server's admin console (e.g., WebSphere)? Please provide any guidence, or any link/documentation.
4. Can Axis2 admin console be used to deploy WAR and EAR along with JAR (need to rename it as aar)?
5. Does Axis2 (1.5) provide support for Message service similar to Axis 1? Please provide any guidence, or any link/documentation on that.
In other words, does Axis2 provide API similar to the following from Axis1?
public Element  method(Element  bodies);
public SOAPBodyElement  method (SOAPBodyElement  bodies);
public Document method(Document body);
public void method(SOAPEnvelope req, SOAPEnvelope resp);