Maneesh Godbole wrote:We have a forum dedicated to HTML/JS. Why don't you start posting there?
If there is a sizable amount of traffic, it can seed a new forum.
I predict most questions would be about custom made widgets behaving differently in different browsers.
So, all you need now is a staffer willing to take the time to get the forum up off the ground:
1) create forum
2) move a bunch of existing threads to the forum
3) Arrange book promotions with Jeanne and Henry
4) (optional) maybe create some banners to promote the new forum
5) (optional) maybe arrange some sponsorship text to go out on upcoming mailings
6) (optional) get some support from the google folks?
7) (optional) announce the forum on the google group? (only if that seems like it would be cool with that group)
8) (optional) fish for other creative ways to breathe life into a new forum
Of course, if several ranch hands such as yourself were offering bits of this and other ways to be helpful, it might be more likely that a staffer would volunteer, and more likely that getting the forum going would succeed!