This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
Indaba Music develops and maintains a suite of Java web-based applications (some client/server, some applets) that power our music creation platform. You will collaborate with one other developer who is continuing to work on the J2SE back-end of our largest Java application.
Indaba Music is looking for a senior-level Java Swing developer to come into the team and 'hit the ground running'. The successful candidate needs to be able to work in a fast paced and high pressure environment. The team is small and as such needs a personable and mature individual to contribute to the effective running of this highly skilled team. The developer will be responsible for design and development of UI components within the system as well as providing senior direction through mentoring and peer reviews.
• Minimum four years developing software utilizing Java, with at least two full years developing Swing-based GUI software.
• Minimum four years experience developing stand-alone client applications in Java using Swing, threading, Applets, and Java 2D.
• Eat, breathe, and sleep: java.lang, java.awt, javax.swing, java.util, java.applet
• Experience with PLAF (Pluggable Look-And-Feel) is a plus
• Minimum four years experience Object-Oriented analysis and design techniques
• A solid understanding of the basics of GUI design and the Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework
• Minimum four years experience with software development processes & lifecycles
• Comfortable with performing and receiving peer reviews of source code
• Good communication skills are required to interface with IT peers in all streams
• Four year bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
This is a contract-to-hire position with salary commensurate with experience.