aspose file tools*
The moose likes Jobs Discussion and the fly likes iq question Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Careers » Jobs Discussion
Bookmark "iq question" Watch "iq question" New topic
Author

iq question

anarkali perera
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 10, 2009
Posts: 237
can anyone tell me good place to availble IQ question?
Sandeep Awasthi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 23, 2003
Posts: 597
www.google.com


Sandeep
anarkali perera
Ranch Hand

Joined: Sep 10, 2009
Posts: 237
no man.i need IQ test regarding relationship of human.as example one says he is you father's brother's and he is older than you ..and spthing.i need that kind of IQ question.i search google.still not find?
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 19066
    
  40

Don't have a location, but one of my favorite of these questions is...


"June" is to "August". as. "Alaska" is to ???


Henry


Books: Java Threads, 3rd Edition, Jini in a Nutshell, and Java Gems (contributor)
Campbell Ritchie
Sheriff

Joined: Oct 13, 2005
Posts: 40052
    
  28
Henry Wong wrote:"June" is to "August". as. "Alaska" is to ???
Ice cream
Sandeep Awasthi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 23, 2003
Posts: 597
It should be some state around Alaska, because both June and August are months between one month between them so it should be some state around Alaska so that there is one state between Alaska and the right answer state.
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 19066
    
  40

Sandeep Awasthi wrote:It should be some state around Alaska, because both June and August are months between one month between them so it should be some state around Alaska so that there is one state between Alaska and the right answer state.


Good theory, except there are no states "around Alaska". Alaska has Canada to the east, and Russia, across the Bering strait, to the west. And there isn't much but lots of water to the north and south.

But yes.... the answer is one of the US states.

Henry
W. Joe Smith
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 10, 2009
Posts: 710
Henry Wong wrote:
Sandeep Awasthi wrote:It should be some state around Alaska, because both June and August are months between one month between them so it should be some state around Alaska so that there is one state between Alaska and the right answer state.


Good theory, except there are no states "around Alaska". Alaska has Canada to the east, and Russia, across the Bering strait, to the west. And there isn't much but lots of water to the north and south.

But yes.... the answer is one of the US states.

Henry


Hmmm, I'm intrigued. My first thought was numbers, but Alaska was 49, and Hawaii was 50. Puero Rico isn't a state, plus I'm not sure when we aquired it. Unless of course you are counting Canada as the 51st state.....


SCJA
When I die, I want people to look at me and say "Yeah, he might have been crazy, but that was one zarkin frood that knew where his towel was."
Sandeep Awasthi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Oct 23, 2003
Posts: 597
Henry Wong wrote:
Sandeep Awasthi wrote:It should be some state around Alaska, because both June and August are months between one month between them so it should be some state around Alaska so that there is one state between Alaska and the right answer state.


Good theory, except there are no states "around Alaska". Alaska has Canada to the east, and Russia, across the Bering strait, to the west. And there isn't much but lots of water to the north and south.

But yes.... the answer is one of the US states.

Henry


Point here is not how much you know geography around Alaska or are you geography expert because I do not live in US,Canada or Russia and I am not geography expert . I was not telling theory here. The point here is direction in which you think that is what these test are all about. If you think that is theory then write your answer as well.
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 19066
    
  40

Just to clarify a bit, when someone asked me this question, I did *not* get the answer. When this person finally told me the answer (but not why), I still did *not* understand it. It took me a bit of research to finally figure it out.

This question does require an understanding of the US states, and hence, is definitely not fair to those who are not from the US. Sorry.

Henry
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 19066
    
  40

Henry Wong wrote:"June" is to "August". as. "Alaska" is to ???



Just as an FYI (on the small chance that someone may be interested in the answer), the answer is "Maine".

Henry
Paul Clapham
Bartender

Joined: Oct 14, 2005
Posts: 18987
    
    8

Henry Wong wrote:
Henry Wong wrote:"June" is to "August". as. "Alaska" is to ???



Just as an FYI (on the small chance that someone may be interested in the answer), the answer is "Maine".

Henry


And that's because... Alaska has blackflies in June and Maine has them in August?
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 19066
    
  40

Paul Clapham wrote:
And that's because... Alaska has blackflies in June and Maine has them in August?


Hint: it has to do with the state capitals.

W. Joe Smith
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 10, 2009
Posts: 710
Henry Wong wrote:
Paul Clapham wrote:
And that's because... Alaska has blackflies in June and Maine has them in August?


Hint: it has to do with the state capitals.



Ah, I get it. Tricky, and does require knowledge of US states. I don't think I would have gotten it without the hint.
Campbell Ritchie
Sheriff

Joined: Oct 13, 2005
Posts: 40052
    
  28
That's not an IQ question, but general knowledge. I know somebody who learned the capitals of all the US states because they come up in quizzes. He was banned from the quizzes in one pub because he won too often

But shall we go back to the original subject?
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: iq question