This week's giveaway is in the EJB and other Java EE Technologies forum. We're giving away four copies of EJB 3 in Action and have Debu Panda, Reza Rahman, Ryan Cuprak, and Michael Remijan on-line! See this thread for details.
First off, I know this is probably the wrong forum, so please feel free to move this to the correct one - I'm just not sure which it belongs in.
But basically I have some survey software that allows you to export the answers in text. The output results in the following: [["text answer"]]. But problems are arising when users input the following two characters: & and #
For example, is a user answers like this: ben & jerry, the output in the debug looks like this [["ben
As you can see it cuts off everything after the & (same with #). This is breaking the dat file and the entire application follows.
This did not happen when this was not on a server, only once I started using dat files and JSN. I am not sure where would be best to handle this problem, so I am pasting the code for the JSN where this is causing an issue. But please let me know if I should handle it elsewhere and how I should go about it if possible. The only reason I am putting in this .inc file is because this was not a problem until I started using it.
True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing - Socrates