This week's book giveaway is in the General Computing forum. We're giving away four copies of Arduino in Action and have Martin Evans, Joshua Noble, and Jordan Hochenbaum on-line! See this thread for details.
I am presently working in a MNC having more than 5+ years of experience in maintaining web applications using java/j2ee
technologies. For the past 3+ years i am into production support though i prefer development.
I am interested in working in Singapore and i want to know about the following:
1. Is the situation now better to get a job?
2. Working conditions in Singapore? (One of my friend told me that Singapore has worst working culture & one would be forced to
work for a minimum of 12 hours per day ) . Can anyone please confirm?
3. Salary details and the cost of living, approximately.. (I wont be living a luxury life there if at all i get a job)
4. Details on any genuine consultants in chennai ?
Any other details??
I would request Indians currently working in Singapore to advise me in this regard.
Thanks in advance
Joined: Aug 10, 2008
Can anyone of you please share your experiences on IT career in Singapore ?
I am sure some of us might be/had worked in Singapore for a couple of years.
Request people to guide fellow ranchers like me which would be of great help !
1. Yes it is much better than 10 months ago.
2. Working conditions is same everywhere, it depends how you able to manage your work. I found that nature of work you get is much better than offshore centers in India.
3. This can be very subjective. check this blog http://www.icare2share.com/ you will get your answers.
4. I would ask you to avoid going to consultants, try going website of banks and search for singapore openings and apply directly. Or find someone working there to refer you, as almost all banks prefer internal references. Send me your cv if you would like me to fwd to my Organisation.
Hope it helps.
If its green its biology if its stinkks its chemistry if it has numbers it is Maths and if it doesn't work its TECHNOLOGY