I need an advice for my career. I came to USA on H1 B visa through a company. Company wants me to go back to India; but I want to pursue my career in US.
Following are my constraints.
1. I have a family with two daughters (Aged 10 & 8) and currently they are in India
2. I am getting 7L package from my current company at 7.5 yrs of experience
3. Considering the health conditions (My younger daughter have some health problem )
4. What are the chance to settle down in US in current market situations, I am java/j2ee developer
5. What are the chances of H1 transfer, my current visa expiring on Aug2010
6. What is the average billing rate I can get (Considering I am working through a consultant)
7. I do not have any economical background in India (i have a very less bank balance around 15K)
I am in confussion... where to settle?? India or US?
I guess your company did not ask you to resign once going back to India. They are just transferring you to another location. Just consider the career prospects that you have with your current employer than working as an independent consultant.
Overall it is you who is going to decide and finally to settled down. Since i am not very much aware about your self but i wish to suggest you to stay here ( i.e India )and try to search better jobs if you are not satisfied with current one. It is good to take a risk for unknown future but not always .Most importantly you are married one with responsibility of family and two young daughters.It is not always easy to survive in a new country when you don't have any relative there.I won't say that the job markets in USA have very good prospects or it is ideal time to take risk.
So before making any final decision consider your family obligations also.It will help to decide what suits you.
Joined: Dec 17, 2009
Thank you all Ranchers...
I will definitely consider your suggestions while taking decision.