This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
After a long gap, I am back to square one. It has been more than two years since I had done any homework, due to personal commitments.
I have started preparing for Web Services Certification (1.5) and to have hands-on experience in my current project work. It is going to be some great time for me with this certification as I will be back to school days (thinking of the exams and putting a tough preparation)
As far as my schedule goes:
(1) Before Jan 2010, get well understanding of the basics - XML, Schema, SOAP, WebService Concepts etc. Take advantage of the christmas and new year holidays and bunk few days to office :-)
(2) Attend some training(Paid) from NIIT or other training institutes on WebServices. It really helps to get momentum. I am planning to do this during Mid-Jan. We also get some official holidays. Three days of leave to be taken during feb month (adding to sat/sun)
(4) March 2010 month is going to be fun because of Sun Tech Days at hyderabad. Get some insight into the J2EE 1.6 and J2SE 1.7 technologies and to know things better. This event is also Paid event. Here you can get some discounted vouchers for taking up certification.
(5) There is another event on April 2010, GIDC (Done by IISc). It is also a paid event, but I need to check about its benefit.
(6) April 2010, the D-Day needs to be decided and take up the certification at NIIT (Thomson Prometric testing center). AS soon as you complete the test, you will know the scores.
So Totally it is going to be fun for three months, along with my regular office work. Hurrah !!!