aspose file tools*
The moose likes Threads and Synchronization and the fly likes Thread software like : Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of Spring in Action this week in the Spring forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Threads and Synchronization
Bookmark "Thread software like :" Watch "Thread software like :" New topic
Author

Thread software like :

abalfazl hossein
Ranch Hand

In this topic , I decide to know softwares that can help to control thread , and by using them we can have deep view of threads and can learn about them

I start by this software

Thread Scheduling Visualizer

http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/realtime/reference/TSV/JavaRTS-TSV.html

Please anyone else knows others, Please notifyAll()!
abalfazl hossein
Ranch Hand

Anyone could help?
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

abalfazl hossein wrote:Anyone could help?

Help with what?

You basically told us that you are using a particular product, based on real-time java, and ask an open-ended (if that) question about "anything else".

Real-time java is not in common use. On top of that, you are using the Sun product. It may be possible, that there may be a competitor, but considering that you are not using a common version of Java, I think it may be safer to stick with the Sun API.

Henry

Books: Java Threads, 3rd Edition, Jini in a Nutshell, and Java Gems (contributor)
abalfazl hossein
Ranch Hand

No Sir

I mean if others work with software to analyze threads, introduce here.That is it!
abalfazl hossein
Ranch Hand

Anyone knows?
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

abalfazl hossein wrote:
I mean if others work with software to analyze threads, introduce here.That is it!

Java provides an API that allows tools to analyze it -- specifically JVMTI. With this API, there is a ton of profiling tools that report on thread usage. Do a search for profiling tools from CA/Wily, Yourkit, Symantec, dynaTrace, etc. etc. etc.

There are also many non-commercial ways to get stack traces, or get thread information from the MBean server. Just search for open source profiling tools for a long list of them.

Personally, I work for a company that makes a JVM. We support the MBean server and JVMTI, and hence, supports all of the tools. But we also make our own.

Henry
Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

VisualVM might be an easy starting point, with the BTrace plugin thrown in for more customized analyses.

Ping & DNS - my free Android networking tools app

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.

subject: Thread software like :