This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
Description Our client is the worlds largest voice and electronic inter-dealer broker with a daily average transaction volume in excess of $1 trillion, 50% of which is electronic and is listed as one of the top 100 companies in the London Stock Exchange. The Group is active in the wholesale market for OTC derivatives, fixed income securities, money market products, foreign exchange, energy, credit and equity derivatives. The company provides a specialist intermediary broking services to commercial banks and investment banks in the wholesale financial markets. An inter-dealer broker works in these markets to draw together liquidity and to match buyers and sellers so that deals can be executed by its banking customers.
Position Major Responsibilities:
We are seeking a highly motivated self starting Senior Java Developer to join the development team responsible for design, development and support of Fixed Income Trading Systems. The successful candidate must be able to work independently while actively participating in a dynamic global team. Fixed Income Development Team designs, develops and supports technology solutions for trading various financial instruments: US Government, Corporate and Foreign Sovereignty Bonds, Agency Issued and Mortgage Backed Securities and more. Senior Software Developer-is expected to become familiar with existing applications and be able to design and implement efficient code addressing constantly changing specifications.
Requirements Other Responsibilities:
- Design and develop software including Java Swing and Web Front Ends
- Evaluate software and tools for the needs of the development team
- Configures and maintains development environment
- Provides 2nd Level production support
- Analyzes and documents existing system
- Provides assessments and estimates to business partners and technology management
- Assists in collecting business requirements and writing functional specifications
- Minimum of 7 years software development
- Expert knowledge of Java
- Three years experience developing Java Swing and or GWT front ends
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Familiar with Ajax, J2EE, Spring Framework
- Experience designing and implementing efficient and robust development process
- Interface programming experience
- Strong design skills
- Experience with multi-thread applications
- Bachelors degree in computer science
- Strong communication skills