This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
I am looking into Factory Homes assignemnt and read some of the hot topics in the forum. that is really good and helpful but have some quesions that giving me little confusion like
1) Is it OK to use Seam Framework in my assignment ? is it good idea ?
2) If yes then, I guess no need to use lot of design pattrens like Business Delegate, Session Facade, Service lookup, even DAO etc
As seam does the DI from EJB tier to Web tier and web tier components are directly get used as backing beans in the xhtml pages.
3) if not then suppose I pick the JSF technology with JPA what will be Right Request Flow ?
xhtml/jsp Page >>MyCustomBackingBean>>Business Delegate>>My Service Locator>>My Session Facade>>MyBusinessSessionBean>>MyDAOClass
I guess Framework JSFActionServlet will act as FrontController. Aslo little confuse about Session Facade
4) one thing more can somebody please pass me the Pet Store demo/download link for J2EE 5, I downloaded it two times and it has only one class file (may be looking at the wrong URL)
Any link to template/sample project assignment will be very helpful.
Thanks in Advance and looking forwad to hear frm you!
As per my understanding, Sun looks our architectural knowledge on the design patterns we apply for the assignment. If everything can be done by any XXX tool/technology, then what we are going to present? More over today is this tool/technology will be used, tomorrow some thing else, but base concepts will remain same.
I don't know in and out of Seam framework, but internally it may use most of the design patterns we apply here.
May be you agree with me.
3) your understanding looks good to me. Not sure what confusion you have for Session Facade.
4) When I downloaded I've got the source code also. I think I've downloaded from this URL. Please check.
I am using Windows Framework & when I open this this jar file it has only one class file (petstore.class) and one Meta-INF directory
Thank you very much!
Yes, there will be only one class file in the jar you download from Sun. By executing that jar file you will get the actual source. Two ways, i) double click. If this is not working then ii) execute java -jar javapetstore-2.0-ea5-installer.jar