Site Editor Job for a Java Expert (Needham MA but can work remotely) 15th Jan 2010
Author and all-around good cowpoke
Joined: Mar 22, 2000
TechTarget is seeking a qualified Site Editor for www.TheServerSide.com. We are looking for a qualified Java expert with both in-depth technical Java knowledge and writing experience to be the voice and face of the web’s largest and most credible Java Development Community in TSS.com. The Editor will be responsible for driving the content strategy, editorial and news coverage on the site. The Editor will also contribute articles and edit content submitted from the expert community as well as manage a staff of writers and editors. The Site Editor will also be a key member of our Application Development Media Group editorial team helping to shape our overall development coverage.
The Site Editor must already have a solid understanding of the Java Platform, J2EE, Java development tools, frameworks, dynamic languages, techniques, and respective markets as well as the open source and commercial ecosystem and how they contribute to the needs of our readership.
The Site Editor will also be responsible for developing the strategy, theme, agenda and content for The ServerSide Java Symposium (3 Day Conference). A major portion of this role will be to recruit qualified experts and speakers to give talks at the conference, guide in the agenda creation and technology theme of the event, and be the MC of the conference as well.
Essential Job Functions:
· Managing all content on the site including writing original articles, news, trends, features and product reviews;
· Edit content generated by other staff members, end users, and industry experts in the field;
· Establish market credibility and leadership by fostering strong ties with both the end user community, open source community, and commercial software community; identifying important issues and trends through research, and maintaining a regular dialog with technology leaders and industry experts;
· Attend industry and tradeshow events; and,
· Help to ensure the business success of the site and related properties. This includes meeting and growing site traffic month-to-month and year-to-year, grow site membership; creating/reviewing opportunities for new site features, meeting budget targets and editorial calendaring.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· Six-plus years of coding experience preferred; some flexibility for experienced editor with some coding experience
· Six-plus years as a qualified editor/writer working in the application development space preferred; some flexibility with candidates who meet all other qualifications
· Direct knowledge of Java development technologies, tools and techniques, dynamic languages, and the open source and commercial vendor communities.
· The ability to immediately contribute at a high, fully-qualified level.
· Education and Experience in both journalism, application development, coding, etc.
· Strong writing, editing and verbal skills, including copyediting and proofreading.
· Willingness to travel.
Please contact email@example.com