wood burning stoves*
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes Nobodys Dumb :) Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons this week in the Android forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "Nobodys Dumb :)" Watch "Nobodys Dumb :)" New topic
Author

Nobodys Dumb :)

Vishal Hegde
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 01, 2009
Posts: 1055

http://lifesbizzare.blogspot.com/2010/01/nobodys-dumb.html



http://www.lifesbizzare.blogspot.com || OCJP:81%
Ernest Friedman-Hill
author and iconoclast
Marshal

Joined: Jul 08, 2003
Posts: 24183
    
  34

What a dumb blog post.


[Jess in Action][AskingGoodQuestions]
Vishal Hegde
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 01, 2009
Posts: 1055

Ernest Friedman-Hill wrote:What a dumb blog post.




Yes sir i know .I am new to blogging

Anyways thankyou sir for sparring some time to read my blog ,really appreciate it from my heart.

Sir do provide me tips on how to be a good writer
Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 41128
    
  45
I'm quite certain that the premise of this topic is flawed.


Ping & DNS - my free Android networking tools app
Vishal Hegde
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 01, 2009
Posts: 1055

Ulf Dittmer wrote:I'm quite certain that the premise of this topic is flawed.


sir i didnt get you? but with my wild guess i think, you are reffering to my wrong sentence formation or grammer??
Ulf Dittmer
Marshal

Joined: Mar 22, 2005
Posts: 41128
    
  45
No, I was referring to the topic's title.
Vishal Hegde
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 01, 2009
Posts: 1055

ok sir whatever you say is correct, as you are much more experienced then me []

But sir,all due respect, dont you think if people who have no basic knowledge if given a chance in an appropriate enviornment can be like in a high profile status??


sir plzz do respond.
I just want to know you views and please let me know if my way of thinking is wrong or not??
Peter Johnson
author
Bartender

Joined: May 14, 2008
Posts: 5812
    
    7

Sir do provide me tips on how to be a good writer

You are asking software developers how to be a good writer??? FOFLMAO!!!
Have you read any of the drivel that passes for documentation that was written by developers? Even the stuff I write is is mostly too wordy and convoluted and breaks way too many grammar rules. And I have a published book in my resume.

If you really want to be a good writer, find an English major (I assume you mean you want to write well in English, if you don't mean English find someone who majored in the language you mean), especially one who is a good editor and ask that person to critique your witting and to copy edit your final work. After doing this many many times you will finally start to automatically avoid some of your worst errors. Hey, who likes constantly getting back edited papers with the same problems blue-lined?

It took years of patient work by a technical write and a copy editor for me to get to where I was. And it always amazed me on how they could take my rambling text and convert them into succinct prose that unambiguously expressed the ideas I was attempting to convey. They earned every cent that the company paid them!


JBoss In Action
Arvind Mahendra
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 14, 2007
Posts: 1162
Vishal Hegde wrote:ok sir whatever you say is correct, as you are much more experienced then me []

But sir,all due respect, dont you think if people who have no basic knowledge if given a chance in an appropriate enviornment can be like in a high profile status??


Yeah, Ulf and the other moderators get to decide who can blog on the internet and who cannot . if you want to blog continue to do so no one is stopping you man. I've been here some time and I know if they had more feedback to add, they would've given it to you. Check out some of the popular blogs online to get a sense of how you can improve if thats what you are aiming for.


I want to be like marc
Pat Farrell
Rancher

Joined: Aug 11, 2007
Posts: 4646
    
    5

Vishal Hegde wrote: dont you think if people who have no basic knowledge if given a chance in an appropriate enviornment can be like in a high profile status??

You mean can there be high profile people with no knowledge of the field at all? Like a certain former Governor of a very cold state?
Ernest Friedman-Hill
author and iconoclast
Marshal

Joined: Jul 08, 2003
Posts: 24183
    
  34

Vishal --

I don't know about the rest of these guys, but I was just joking.
Mark Spritzler
ranger
Sheriff

Joined: Feb 05, 2001
Posts: 17249
    
    6

I liked the blog post.

The key to me is that there are no dumb people in the world. It is just that we aren't seeing their expertise at the moment.

Everyone is an expert in some area and there are areas that there are way more smarter people than you or I.

Be ok with that.

Mark


Perfect World Programming, LLC - Two Laptop Bag - Tube Organizer
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way FAQ
Efrain Morales
Greenhorn

Joined: Oct 14, 2009
Posts: 12
I agree with the expertise part, because even without proper trainng there are cunning people in the world.

However, I do believe that there are people that lack common sense, and that would be my definition of dumb

You can always make dumb desitions, you're not perfect, but if you continously find yourself doing them, it doesn't matter your trainning or expertise, you're just dumb.

Of course, it doesn't matter if people is dumb or not, you shall always treat everyone equally.

Efrain.
Mark Spritzler
ranger
Sheriff

Joined: Feb 05, 2001
Posts: 17249
    
    6

Efrain Morales wrote:I agree with the expertise part, because even without proper trainng there are cunning people in the world.

However, I do believe that there are people that lack common sense, and that would be my definition of dumb

You can always make dumb desitions, you're not perfect, but if you continously find yourself doing them, it doesn't matter your trainning or expertise, you're just dumb.

Of course, it doesn't matter if people is dumb or not, you shall always treat everyone equally.

Efrain.


The only definition I have, is for insanity, and that is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. (I do this all the time) ;) (Which also means that insanity is insanity)

Mark
Arvind Mahendra
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 14, 2007
Posts: 1162
4 Tips to Keeping Your Creative Edge - Leadership
By David J Funk

"If what you did yesterday looks pretty big to you today then you haven't done enough today" Earl Wilson

In other words becoming successful doesn't justify sitting on your accolades, and saying now I can relax and retire. When you're a leader in your field it takes a higher level of inspiration and dedication to stay there.

"The best cure for a sluggish mind is to disturb its routine" William Danforth

The secret to success lies in a person's daily routine. To remain ahead of the game its necessary to change your daily routine to better foster fresh ideas and cutting edge solutions- because yesterday methods don't stay fresh for long. The following four practices can be put into your daily routine to maintain your creative edge at your Business and can be applied in your personal life also. As a leader you want to ensure that you and your organization aren't just setting the standard but raising the bar continually.

1. Hang around creative people

We should always keep one free open corner in your mind, where we can give place to, or lodging as they pass, to the ideas of our friends. It really becomes unpalatable to communicate with men whose brains are divided up into well-filled pigeonholes, where nothing can enter from the outside. Even the most creative people seldom take something out of nothing. They simply take something what everyone else sees and create something new with it, taking it to new level. Take the time to observe and listen to people who have a history of being innovative, whether in their personal lives or in your field of endeavor.

2. Always Search for More Options

" Nothing is more dangerous than an idea when its the only one you have" Emile Chartier. Even when things are going great, always make a point of searching for a better way of doing things. It will provide insurance that a better alternative has not been overlooked and keep your creative talents in constant practice.

3. Practice Mental Agility

"It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thought, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and be able to combine them into some new forms" William Plomer. Mental agility is the ability to see unique relationships between unconnected things. Before you write off a far-fetched idea, back up, look at the big picture. You may find it could fit perfectly at that new level.

4. Have Fun

Business week a few years ago reported that a 40 year old adult is about 2% as creative as a 5 year old child. "Adults are obsolete children" was the way Dr. Seuss put it. Regrettably, growing up has made many people become too structured in their thinking. Its the childlike wonder and creativity that can make you the top trend-setter in your field. Continually ask yourself, do you still enjoy what you do? When you have fun at your business/work creativity flows freely. "As long as your green, you're growing: as soon as your ripe you start to rot." Ray Kroc. Ray understood that innovation is the key to staying on top of your game and the lack of innovation ultimately leads to dried up ideas and plans. Make a commitment to maximize your creativity on a daily basis and give yourself the decided edge.
 
permaculture playing cards
 
subject: Nobodys Dumb :)
 
Similar Threads
90% of Kindergartener can solve this problem.
How 'bout them Sox
away for most of this week
Seen the Newsletter?
Weather forecasts