This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
The IT Support & Monitoring engineer is responsible for monitoring the correct functioning of our IT infrastructure, report on the status and escalate issues to the IT Infrastructure team. In addition, he or she receives inbound support calls from other departments and individuals and works with other teams in the IT department to resolve these calls.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Monitoring network and server status
• Receiving requests and support calls from other departments and individuals within the organization
• Escalating support calls
• Basic trouble shooting for Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server
• installing, supporting and maintaining new hardware and software
• analyzing and resolving faults, whether it is a major system crash or a forgotten password;
• undertaking routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining and monitoring network security,
• working closely with other departments/organizations and collaborating with other IT staff.
• Ability to efficiently perform the technical requirements
• Solid troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to prioritize effectivelly and work with a sense of emergency
• Ability to manage issues and projects to consistently meet deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent pro-active verbal and written communication skills
• Efectivelly communicates with teammates and managers re: worrkflow, schedulling, etc.
If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com