Thanks a lot to Javaranch. I was able to clear SCEA part-1.
I am sure that i learned many things in J2EE from the day i started the serious preparation.
I would like to share my experiences , which might be useful for the people who are planning to take SCEA part 1.
Make sure to call the test center 1 day before the test.(I faced this problem when i went to take test on time, test center people said that the servers are down from 1 week and they never informed me before.Luckly i got the slot in other test center same day after 3 hours).
1) I did follow Javaranch - This is the key to my success... Thanks to everyone in this group.
2) I used MZ's notes(Read until you understand concepts clearly),Mark Cade (Old version), EJB3 basics , JSF Basics, Lot of IBM articles on J2EE.
3) JWS White paper - Essential . Suggest to have clear understanding of JWS & Applet.
4) Don't forget to see the JAVA EE - FAQs
5) Took Sun's Mock Exam and Whizlab's Mock Exams both are useful though they are easy.
As you just passed the exam can i get some guidance on JSF and EJB , i mean are there are any good articles JSF and EJB which i simple can rely on with out looking any other.
Joined: Apr 30, 2009
EJB 3 in Action for EJB3 - Just read basics from that.
Java EE 5 tutorial for JSF basics. No need to read all the details. Bascis should be enough.
You can just google for JSF basics & EJB 3 basics for some presentations(SUN presentations). No need to get in to implementation details.