This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide 1Z0-808 and have Jeanne Boyarsky & Scott Selikoff on-line! See this thread for details.
Generally people are confused between servlet path and path info. Anyways, context path is the path on which your application is deployed. Its normally the same as the name of the war file which you deploy. You can get it using request.getContextPath. You can find information about servlet path and path info here and here. I don't know what full path you are talking about...
Imagine request: http://localhost:8080/myApp/reports/get.do and url-pattern /reports/*
- contextPath: /myApp (your app name with / at the begining)
- servletPath: /reports (it's the one defined in url-pattern with / at the begining and without *)
- pathInfo: /get.do (start with / everything in url after sevletPath)
But for url-pattern *.do you have:
- contextPath - the same
- servletPath - /reports/get.do (because it was matched to the url-pattern)
- pathInfo - null (because there is nothing left after servlet path)