I am using joomla to create a website for school. From what I have been able to find from the joomla forums, the only way to get rid of the joomla logo along the top of the page is to edit the css file. I have been doing that, and I got my own logo in there, but it is a different size, so it threw off some of the background. I had to increase the height of part of the header in order to allow the entire image to be shown as well as not have the image cover the navigation menu. And I have been playing around with trial and error trying to get the site looking nice, but I cannot get it to happen.
The site is www.mattkohanek.com
If you go there, you can probably immediately tell what I mean. The grey-ish top part with the white border needs to be extended down by about 50 pixels so it matches up with the other white border. If you look at the site it is easy to tell what I mean.
Here is the css, at least what i believe to be the relevant part. If you can tell what i need to change please let me know, or if I need to post the rest of the css please say so. But it is quite long, which is why I only posted the beginning here:
edit - looking at the page source, maybe I am just editing the wrong css file. I just don't know enough about css to know for sure.
True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing - Socrates
I changed the pixels in div_logo in order to make room for my image in the first place, that is what threw everything off in the first place. I guess I should have mentioned that.
It is definitely not any of the css I posted above there, I put height:800px; in each item there and further below and it did not affect the area I needed it to. I am not ure what else to try now. Maybe I should just find a new default template that will accommodate a larger image
edit - here is the rest of the css file I did not try to alter, it stopped being worth trying after going through that much of it
edit 2 - well I commented out three elements in a different css file (header, header_l, and header_r) and that got rid of the top image, leaving only that bottom grey line. Looks better, at least looks somewhat intentional now. For a class project I can live with it
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com
subject: Need help editing some css if possible (SOLVED)