This week's book giveaway is in the OCMJEA forum. We're giving away four copies of OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide and have Paul Allen & Joseph Bambara on-line! See this thread for details.
I'm struggling with the following problem:
1) production server has the following system default encoding : UTF-8
2) We want to use UTF-8, every file is stored as UTF-8 etc
3) But because of struts and the Java Properties class, our language resource files are stored as ISO-8859-1.
4) When running the maven build somehow all the files stored as ISO-8859-1 gets converted to UTF-8 in the build output
Unwanted result: æøå becomes gibberish
Possible, but unwanted solution: replace all æøå with unicode escape characters \uxxxx
Is it at all possible to tell maven to do the following:
1) do your usual stuff
2) BUT leave the storage format of the following files alone!
Hope someone out there can help. Google couldn't this time :-/