I just want to announce that I passed the SCWCD exam today with a score of 89%. For the people who are preparing for this exam right now, I have some notes.
What did I study as preparation? * I read the HFSJ book twice.
* I looked at the JSTL API/documentation.
* I used some notes from other people (which can be found in the ScwcdLinks section.
* I practiced little pieces of code, to get familiar with the syntax of several things, like writing a custom taghandler.
* I did all the mock questions of the HFSJ book after each chapter.
Additional comments: * I got a score of (only) 65% on the final HFSJ exam (I think this exam is rather bad and contains questions and answers which are not relevant).
* The real exam is pretty straightforward in testing. It tests stuff you're supposed to know. No strange questions which looks irrelevant (maybe 1 or 2).
* You get tested on the Servlet API. However, these questions are not difficult. If you can't answer them, then you didn't take a look at the most relevant methods for such a class/interface.
Tips * Know the elements of the web.xml. You get some questions which are rather easy when you know at least what web.xml (sub)tags there are and which are just made up.
* Take a look at the JSTL documentation.
Now I have to choose what's next. I have to choose between SCBCD and SCJD. As being a J2EE developer, SCBCD might seem a good choose. However, at this moment I'm tired of studying theoretical stuff. Besides that, there is no single learning source for SCBCD, which make that less attractive....
I think I will go for SJCD in the near future!