This week's book giveaway is in the OCMJEA forum. We're giving away four copies of OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide and have Paul Allen & Joseph Bambara on-line! See this thread for details.
There is this web application. I am currently working on setting up the development environment for the same.
I encounter the following problem.
1. At certain stage during the application start-up, the app reads some HTML template file.
2. To do this, it opens the "resource as a stream".
3. Directory path is being read from the configuration file.
4. File name is then appended to the path, after concatenating the "java.io.File.separator" character.
5. Once we do this, the returned value (path) ishaving the following problem
Should have been: \WEB-INF\pages\templates\en\file.html
Is now looking as : \WEB-INF\pages\templates\en/file.html -- value returned after appending the separator.
Obviously, this results in a NullPointerException. According to the Java API spec, java.io.File this is the value of a system property. However, System.setProperty() did not work.
Is there any way I can modify the system property to change the separator? Please let me know, if there's any other way to solve the problem. Thanks in advance!