wood burning stoves 2.0*
The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes Serialization Question Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Murach's Java Servlets and JSP this week in the Servlets forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Bookmark "Serialization Question" Watch "Serialization Question" New topic
Author

Serialization Question

Sachin Deokar
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 09, 2008
Posts: 41
Hello,

I am getting a write error for the code included below. Can you please help me find the reason for this error.

Here's the error that i am getting.

Thanks for your help.

Sachin Deokar
Ireneusz Kordal
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 21, 2008
Posts: 423
Remove (comment) lines 30 and 40.
You cannot close streams inside writeObject / readObject methods.
Sachin Deokar
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 09, 2008
Posts: 41
Thank You.
Stephen Davies
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 23, 2008
Posts: 352
Sachin Deokar wrote:Thank You.


Also be aware, the new SCJP exam objectives no longer include serialization questions


be a well encapsulated person, don't expose your privates, unless you public void getWife()!
Sachin Deokar
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 09, 2008
Posts: 41
Stephen Davies wrote:
Also be aware, the new SCJP exam objectives no longer include serialization questions


Is this something that was changed recently, coz I can see it being included in the objective. SCJP 1.6 Objectives. I am following what's included in the Kathy Sierra SCJP 1.6 book.
Given a scenario involving navigating file systems, reading from files, writing to files, or interacting with the user, develop the correct solution using the following classes (sometimes in combination), from java.io: BufferedReader, BufferedWriter, File, FileReader, FileWriter, PrintWriter, and Console.


Thanks,
Sachin
Bharadwaja Cheruvu
Greenhorn

Joined: Feb 21, 2011
Posts: 1
The error says, paths for which ever files the objects are serialized into are incorrect.
Files will automatically be created, but the paths where files would be created should be correct.
Bert Bates
author
Sheriff

Joined: Oct 14, 2002
Posts: 8801
    
    5
Stephen is correct!

After the book was published, Sun / Oracle removed the Serialization topic from the exam.

What we have discovered however is that not all prometric centers update the exams at exactly the same time. So there is a remote chance that a few prometric centers *might* still be using an older version of the exam. I don't know how to verify that ahead of time? Perhaps you can call your local prometric center and ask which set of objectives they're using? Perhaps that would work?

For sure, if you go to the Oracle website you can see the current set of objectives. Not only has Serialization been removed since K&B was published, but the 4th Thread objective, the one conerning wait and notify, has also been removed.

hth,

Bert


Spot false dilemmas now, ask me how!
(If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much room.)
Swerrgy Smith
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 26, 2010
Posts: 88
Bert Bates wrote:Stephen is correct!

After the book was published, Sun / Oracle removed the Serialization topic from the exam.

What we have discovered however is that not all prometric centers update the exams at exactly the same time. So there is a remote chance that a few prometric centers *might* still be using an older version of the exam. I don't know how to verify that ahead of time? Perhaps you can call your local prometric center and ask which set of objectives they're using? Perhaps that would work?

For sure, if you go to the Oracle website you can see the current set of objectives. Not only has Serialization been removed since K&B was published, but the 4th Thread objective, the one conerning wait and notify, has also been removed.

hth,

Bert


Hi,

I am looking for links in Oracle Website for the set of objectives.

Can we still use the K and B book which was written for 010-065 for the new update exam 010-066??

Thank you very much.
Vijitha Kumara
Bartender

Joined: Mar 24, 2008
Posts: 3816

Welcome to CodeRanch, Bharadwaja Cheruvu

Swerrgy Smith wrote:Can we still use the K and B book which was written for 010-065 for the new update exam 010-066??

If no other new objectives are added (even some are removed), yes you can still use it and you'll learn more which would not be a waste




SCJP 5 | SCWCD 5
[How to ask questions] [Twitter]
Bert Bates
author
Sheriff

Joined: Oct 14, 2002
Posts: 8801
    
    5
Since K&B was published two objectives have been removed from the exam:

- serialization

- the last thread-related objective that had to do with wait() and notify() and notifyAll()

Skip those and the book is current.

hth,

Bert
 
wood burning stoves
 
subject: Serialization Question
 
Similar Threads
De-serialization
Serialization in K&B
A question regarding defaultXxxObject()
compiler error saying method of serializable to be overridden
Serialization