I used that tag and it is working...but am still having another problem. The page renders fine (in IE7 Mode), when i go to that page through commandlinks, but if i try to rerender specific jsf components using a4j:support, the rerendering appers to be not happening in compatibility mode i.e. , when i fire any a4j event, the page again appers incorrectly (in ie8 mode)..
There is a known problem with Internet Explorer and JBoss RichFaces. It primarily affects IE 8 users, but I've have an IE9 user or 2 claim to experience it as well.
The problem isn't actually with RichFaces, it's with IE, and there are 1-2 DLLs that have to be installed into Windows to make it work. it's one of my least favorite bugs, since I have to support this, but to fix it requires admin-level access to the computer of each and every IE user that has the problem and I am 2 levels and a continent's width away from them.
Customer surveys are for companies who didn't pay proper attention to begin with.
Joined: Dec 24, 2010
Thanks for the Reply.
I found a fix for the this issue and now it works with Ie8 and other browsers too.