We have total 4 (AppServer1,AppServer2,AppServer3,AppServer4) managed servers and 3 of them have normal CPU usage. But only the AppServer1 has high, 100% cpu usage most of the time. All servers are running on Windows 2000.
Verified that the java.exe process on that box taking 90% of the cpu. When we brought the server instance down, the cpu usage on the box came to normal.
We tried cloning a new server (AppServer3Clone) using running AppServer3 on the box and put back into cluster. It worked fine. CPU threads were normal on the box.
then again we stopped AppServer3Clone and started AppServer1. But CPU usage wnt to 90% again. That means AppServer3Clone is working fine but AppServer1 is not on the same box.
We havn't changed any thing on AppServer1's box in last few mtnhs and this problem started suddenly.