I am going out of my mind trying to fix the problem that I am having. I am using MySQL with Hibernate. They were running along merrily until I made some changes to my MySQL databases. From then on, I have not been able to access any of my databases.
I am either getting "cannot access using root@localhost....password YES..." or "...exception:..missing column". I have root/root as the username and password. It worked fine in the command line. As for the missing column, I most certainly have that column on the database that its intended for.
I re-installed MySQL numerous times, delete folders that left over and delete the MySQL service in Regedit. I fiddled with the user privileges, deleted the guest account (I do not have the 2 anonymous users), created new users and grant them all privileges. Nothing helped. Now, I cannot even start the MySQL service.
I am totally out of clues from everything that I found relevant on the web. I am going to try doing a full MySQL registry cleanup and reinstall since I could not get rid of my old user accounts and databases and start from vanilla zero.
Where can I find all the registry entries for MySQL and every remnant that I should be getting rid of manually before a true clean install?
Any other suggestions on how to tackle the above problems would be greatly appreciated.
When the MySQL service does not start, look in the Windows event log, usually the Application Log or System Log will have an error message posted by MySQL that details the reason the service would not start.
The registry entries are:
If multiple users sign on to your machine, you will also have to look under each user:
You can also search for "mysql" to verify that there are no additional registry entries.
Also, check the c:\windows and c:\windows\system32 directory to make sure that there is no my.ini file.
Thank you so much, Peter! I finally got MySQL cleanly re-installed with your info. Old user table and databases are gone.
I created new databases and I have root and one other login account on my user table with all privileges. I ran my project from within Eclipse and the original exception was still there. I am literally back to square one.
The exception looks like this:
My Business POJO looks like this:
First 'id' field is my auto-increment bigint unsigned primary key in MySQL and 'long' in my java code. This code worked fine before my messing-up.
In MySQL, the Business table looks like this:
id[BIGINT UNSIGNED] businessId[BIGINT] businessName[VARCHAR(50)]
1 101 ABC company