Basically this is it, Friday I have this program due. I've been trying but cannot figure it out so I'm seeking help.
This is what the assignment is:
Write a OOP program for your Computer Science teacher that can be used to calculate final grades in Computer Science. The teacher uses the following grade items:
1. five quizzes, each graded out of 10 points
2. a midterm exam graded out of 100 points
3. a final exam, graded out of 100 points
The defining class should contain a constructor with parameters for student’s name, test marks, midterm mark and final exam.
The defining class will have one method to calculate a student’s numeric grade and their final letter grade. Grade items will be weighted as follows:
1. final exam counts for 25% of the final mark
2. midterm counts for 25%
3. five quizzes together count for a total of 50%.
The final letter grade will be determined as follows:
1. 90 or more is an A
2. 80 or more(but less than 90) is a B
3. 70 or more(but less than 80) is a C
4. 60 or more(but less than 70) is a D
5. below 60 is an F
The method should output both the calculated, numeric grade and the final letter grade.
Write a tester class to test your application. Use the constructor to create five students and initialize the instance variables for each student. Invoke the method to calculate the numeric grade and final letter grade for each student. Output each student’s name and show their numeric grade and letter grade.
This Is What I've Done
I keep getting error messages and I just really need help to get it to compile properly then i can at least start getting the bugs out. any help is appreciated.