This week's giveaway is in the Android forum.
We're giving away four copies of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons and have Godfrey Nolan on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Flex and the fly likes HTML5 vs Flash CPU usage Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons this week in the Android forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Frameworks » Flex
Bookmark "HTML5 vs Flash CPU usage" Watch "HTML5 vs Flash CPU usage" New topic
Author

HTML5 vs Flash CPU usage

Harshana Dias
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 11, 2007
Posts: 327
Hi,

It says
HTML5 player uses less than 20% CPU power.Flash plugin already use about 40% CPU and add Safari's 10%, totally use about 50% CPU power

check this (hope its a genuine test)

So what you guys think..wont html 5 will be a real threat for flash? but some says video quality is good with flash than html?

Thank You.
Paul Sturrock
Bartender

Joined: Apr 14, 2004
Posts: 10336

If its CPU usage you care about, it depends which browser you use.


JavaRanch FAQ HowToAskQuestionsOnJavaRanch
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: HTML5 vs Flash CPU usage
 
Similar Threads
Flash Movie in Java Applet
OnLine Streaming
Head First HTML 5 versus Head First HTML and CSS
Will HTML5 make Flash useless?
Html 5