wood burning stoves 2.0*
The moose likes Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA) and the fly likes Factory Homes Assignment Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA)
Bookmark "Factory Homes Assignment" Watch "Factory Homes Assignment" New topic
Author

Factory Homes Assignment

srikanth kakumanu
Greenhorn

Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Posts: 8
Any body working or worked on Factory Homes assignment?
John Wenn
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 03, 2008
Posts: 31
I'm working on it...
srikanth kakumanu
Greenhorn

Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Posts: 8
John Wenn wrote:I'm working on it...


Hi John,

Can you check your Private messages once please?


What are the technologies you are using for this assign? I am thinking to use the JSP, JSF, EJB 3, JPA. What do you say?

There is lot of confusion about the domain model relationships. Isn;t it?
John Wenn
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 03, 2008
Posts: 31
srikanth kakumanu wrote:
John Wenn wrote:I'm working on it...


Hi John,

Can you check your Private messages once please?


What are the technologies you are using for this assign? I am thinking to use the JSP, JSF, EJB 3, JPA. What do you say?

There is lot of confusion about the domain model relationships. Isn;t it?


Those technologies are okey.. you can use those.. read it carefully and identify what are the potential requirements, "strong visual feedback" to the client.. + scalability is not prioritize. and read this book (specially chapter 9) Prentice Hall Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for Java EE Study Guide
srikanth kakumanu
Greenhorn

Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Posts: 8
John Wenn wrote:
srikanth kakumanu wrote:
John Wenn wrote:I'm working on it...


Hi John,

Can you check your Private messages once please?


What are the technologies you are using for this assign? I am thinking to use the JSP, JSF, EJB 3, JPA. What do you say?

There is lot of confusion about the domain model relationships. Isn;t it?


Those technologies are okey.. you can use those.. read it carefully and identify what are the potential requirements, "strong visual feedback" to the client.. + scalability is not prioritize. and read this book (specially chapter 9) Prentice Hall Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for Java EE Study Guide




Hi John,


As you suggested, i have ordered for this book. Thank you.

Do we need to show JSF backing beans and listeners in our component, class, sequence diagrams?
John Wenn
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 03, 2008
Posts: 31


No I don't think so, their requirement is not a detailed design.Try to make it simple as you can but remember to focus on solving the business problem.

srikanth kakumanu
Greenhorn

Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Posts: 8
John Wenn wrote:

No I don't think so, their requirement is not a detailed design.Try to make it simple as you can but remember to focus on solving the business problem.



Could you please check your private messages once?
Javier Ruiz
Greenhorn

Joined: Aug 20, 2010
Posts: 3
Hello.

I am a bit confused about the UC Search Component Catalog.

When it says "System respond with the product detail and availability/applicability of the product based on the current house design", what does it means?

A) System respond with the basic component detail (product detail=component detail) and availability/applicability (component has stock and it is included into the valid component combinations for this house design)

B) System respond with the house detail (maybe a 3D tool view including the last selected component) and the availability/applicability of all the components of the house design. In this case product detail = house detail.

What do you think?

Regards.

Luke Murphy
Ranch Hand

Joined: May 12, 2010
Posts: 300
Javier Ruiz wrote:Hello.

I am a bit confused about the UC Search Component Catalog.

When it says "System respond with the product detail and availability/applicability of the product based on the current house design", what does it means?

A) System respond with the basic component detail (product detail=component detail) and availability/applicability (component has stock and it is included into the valid component combinations for this house design)

B) System respond with the house detail (maybe a 3D tool view including the last selected component) and the availability/applicability of all the components of the house design. In this case product detail = house detail.

What do you think?

Regards.


Hi,
I am doing this assignment as well right now :-)
Luke.
Saurabh Deshpande
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 09, 2007
Posts: 33
Hi Javier,

As per my understanding it means
A) System respond with the basic component detail (product detail=component detail) and availability/applicability (component has stock and it is included into the valid component combinations for this house design)

Saurabh Deshpande.


Saurabh Deshpande.
SCJP, SCWCD, SCEA Part 1
Doing Part 2 now....
Robert Siqueira
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 21, 2008
Posts: 37
I'm working in Factory Homes too, and, one point isnt clear for me.

What "applicability" means ? If I try to add a component, what inventory system should validate ?? I really didnt understand this. For me is clear that Inventory System should answer me if that component has stock.

Regards,

Robert
Javier Ruiz
Greenhorn

Joined: Aug 20, 2010
Posts: 3
Hello.

I supose "Applicable" means that the partial design (incluiding the last component added) doesn´t include a non-valid component. It must be validated in the ISM.

Regards.


Javier Ruiz
Greenhorn

Joined: Aug 20, 2010
Posts: 3
Saurabh Deshpande wrote:Hi Javier,

As per my understanding it means
A) System respond with the basic component detail (product detail=component detail) and availability/applicability (component has stock and it is included into the valid component combinations for this house design)

Saurabh Deshpande.


Thanks Saurabh.
Robert Siqueira
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 21, 2008
Posts: 37
Javier Ruiz wrote:Hello.

I supose "Applicable" means that the partial design (incluiding the last component added) doesn´t include a non-valid component. It must be validated in the ISM.

Regards.




What means a non-valid component ? Could you give me a example ?

Regards,

Robert
chiku awasthi
Greenhorn

Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Posts: 28
Hi,
If components are taken seperately from a component catalogue (let's say) it's not guaranteed that a component will fit into all the house designs .
For instance you can't fit a swiming pool or garage into an appartment house design .

Regards,
Chiku.
Robert Siqueira
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 21, 2008
Posts: 37
chiku awasthi wrote:Hi,
If components are taken seperately from a component catalogue (let's say) it's not guaranteed that a component will fit into all the house designs .
For instance you can't fit a swiming pool or garage into an appartment house design .

Regards,
Chiku.


Thanks Chiku for your reply. Just one more question. My understood is that the system already have basic houses, I mean, when the customer enters in the system, is presented a basic house ("factory homes has patented a unique modular construction that allows the base house components......") and the customer can change it and in the end his/her can complete it. So, in that case, I could have a house persisted to be possible to show the user.

what do you think ?

Regards,

Robert
chiku awasthi
Greenhorn

Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Posts: 28
yes there could be persisted house design , but could be very basic or abstract , not necessarily complete.

The whole idea of having houses composed of components does not hold good if you have house persisted.
Also concept of design ( abstract/incomplete house ) does not hold if you start persisting houses , it all depends on
your perception of domain model , as not to persist house is not explicitly stated in the assignment you can persist
house design.

Regards,
Chiku
Abhie Kool
Greenhorn

Joined: Jun 21, 2014
Posts: 2
Hi,

I planning to use JSF and JSP both in the web part. What do you think. And one more thing which is not clear to me - they have given a business domain model. Do we need to restrict ourselves to that model and describe it or go into more details. The requirements in the assignment is not clear on it.

Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal

Joined: May 26, 2003
Posts: 30596
    
154

Why do you want to use JSF and JSP over pure JSF? THere's no right or wrong answer, but you have to be able to justify it either way.

While you can go into more detail, you shouldn't need to. Only do so if you need it to show design.


[Blog] [JavaRanch FAQ] [How To Ask Questions The Smart Way] [Book Promos]
Blogging on Certs: SCEA Part 1, Part 2 & 3, Core Spring 3, OCAJP, OCPJP beta, TOGAF part 1 and part 2
 
It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.
 
subject: Factory Homes Assignment