my dog learned polymorphism*
The moose likes Struts and the fly likes Spring and AOP Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of The Java EE 7 Tutorial Volume 1 or Volume 2 this week in the Java EE forum
or jQuery UI in Action in the JavaScript forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Frameworks » Struts
Bookmark "Spring and AOP" Watch "Spring and AOP" New topic
Author

Spring and AOP

Karthik Guru
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 06, 2001
Posts: 1209
How does Spring support for AOP differ from say AspectJ
Matt Raible
author
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jan 11, 2001
Posts: 114
The main differences are 1) it doesn't require its own compiler and 2) it doesn't allow you field-level access.

Spring's AOP Framework is designed to do 80% of what most developers will need. For the other 20%, you can integrate AspectJ with Spring or even AspectWerkz.


Matt<br /> <br />Author: <a href="http://springlive.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Spring Live</a> and <a href="http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=256" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Pro JSP</a><br />Weblogs: <a href="http://raibledesigns.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Raible Designs</a> <a href="http://jroller.com/page/raible" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Spring Live Blog</a>
Alexandru Popescu
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 12, 2004
Posts: 995
in the hurry I have replyied to this in another topic already. I feel that the AOP solutions offered by AspectJ and AspectWerkz (and I want to see JBossAOP) are more powerfull than Spring solution. They have gone a long way to arrive where they are now and they brought into scene very nice and clean solutions.

./pope


blog - InfoQ.com
Alexandru Popescu
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 12, 2004
Posts: 995
here is my other answer.

./pope
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Spring and AOP