Responsible for program development. Design, create, test, document, and implement computer software. Will work on several different programming level projects. Works closely with the systems analyst to develop a system using the suggested platform and software. Assists with installing and troubleshooting software, setting up hardware and training on an individual and group basis. Development of program specifications according to the subsystems specifications and user needs. Assist in program identification and resolution. Primary contact for assisting other Department members in use and troubleshooting of computer systems. Responsible for implementing program test plans. Responsible for design, coding, testing and documentation of on-line and batch programs. Monitor and troubleshoot system performance problems.
Knowledge, skills, and Physical Demands
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area with programming emphasis.
* Hands on experience with a high level programming language.
* Knowledge of Oracle desired.
* Knowledge and entry level experience using Java, web tools such as HTML, Java Script or WebLogic is highly preferred.
* Knowledge in SQL and UNIX is desired.
* Familiar with batch systems, utilities, and file access methods.
* Basic knowledge of data and file structures as demonstrated by previous work history or college level coursework.