I've decided to get SCWCD and starting from tomorrow I'll begin my preparation.
however first I need to make sure of some things so I hope you could help me out with my questions.
- Is the latest version (310 - 081) or is there a newer one to take ??
- I know that HF is the best but I feel that it's written in a way that is so simple that it does not have enough information for the exam , is that true ?
- should I prepare from another book on the side ?
- is it HF (second edition) or is there something after that ?
- what do you think of SCWCD study kit (a book from Manning) as no body mentioned anything about it .
- what else should I use for references and mock exams ?
- at last .. is two months a long enough period for preparation if I read the book say twice and took some mock exams ? or would that not be enough ?
- The latest version of the exam is 310-083. Checkout ScwcdFaq - HFSJ book is enough for the exam (along with some mock exams), there is all the info you need for the exam in it.
- You can use any other books that you like, there are a list of books in the ScwcdLinks - HFSJ second edition is for the latest SCWCD 5 exam, there is no version of the book after that
- I've not read the Manning book, but its for the older version of the exam
- Checkout ScwcdMockTests for a list of mock exams
- People generally find 2 to 3 months enough to prepare for the exam...
The (310 - 081) is upgraded to (310 - 083) however the specifications are the same (see SCWCD links)
Personally, I didn't use Head First but the Sun Certified Web Component Developer Study Guide by David Bridgewater, which is very suitable for preparing for the exam. The book of Charles Lyons is also mentioned a lot as a good alternative.
Check the SCWCD links for extra information and maybe you can use my notes (rancher notes) for the cramming part of your preparation. Two months can be enough but that what is important is that you know the topic well. The Enthuware mock exams are very close to the real exams: buy those, take them, pass them and you will pass the exam!
Furthermore: do a lot of coding: download and use Tomcat 5.5.