File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
A friendly place for programming greenhorns!
Big Moose Saloon
Register / Login
Portals and Portlets
Liferay 6 and remote API
Joined: Jul 18, 2007
Jun 10, 2010 22:26:54
How many ways are there to connect to Liferay from external/customized applications?
Jonas X. Yuan
Joined: May 18, 2008
Jun 11, 2010 12:12:55
examples are available at
In brief, you could integrate Alfresco in the portal in following approaches.
· Web services, referring to the portlet Alfresco Content;
· RESTful services - OpenSearch, referring to the portlet Alfresco Content;
· RESTful services - web scripts, using alfresco as direct repository of Liferay, referring to chapter 6 Customizing the WYSIWYG Editor of the book Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development;
· CMIS – using CMIS document library hook;
· Portlets – using alfresco web client as a set of portlets. Refer to integrating-alfresco-web-client-as-a-set-of-portlets-with-liferay
Abstracted from the book: Liferay Portal 6 Enterprise Intranets
Liferay Portal 6.1 Systems Development
I agree. Here's the link:
subject: Liferay 6 and remote API
need liferay book
Best solution for intranet. Alfresco? Liferay.
Suggestion for Open Source Portlet Development Tools?
liferay portal is suitable to develop crm
Liferay and Alfresco
All times are in JavaRanch time: GMT-6 in summer, GMT-7 in winter
| Powered by
Copyright © 1998-2014