This week's book giveaway is in the OCPJP forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide and have Kathy Sierra & Bert Bates on-line! See this thread for details.
hi all i m new to java/jdbc i m using J2SE 1.5 on window XP please help with using ms access as database please tell how to set path or environment variables and other necessary things dns setting and all
Please use real words and real sentences. It is easier for people that want to help you if they don't have to replace 2 by to, 4 by for, or if they have to find where one sentence stops and the next one starts.
i have found way for declaring data source name for MS access its like this:
* go to ms-access and make a table called say "student_base" and give it a
file name student_base.mdb
* 1. Go to Control Panel
2. Click on Administrative Tools(windows 2000/xp), Click on
3. click on ODBC
4. Then , you will see a ODBC dialog box. Click on UserDSn
5. Click on Add Button
6. Select Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb) driver and click on finish
7. Give a Data Source Name : student_base
8. Then Click on Select
9. Browse on the database name you have created and click
it:student_base.mdb is a database file where all data
will be stored
10. Click on OK.
Once the DSN is created