This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
hi I've been having problems with my setup of dynamic Jasper plugin with struts. i've been getting this error
i don't know why but i followed the intstructions in the site. can any one help me thanks
 so i've finally got this thing working.
this is basically a patch that allows the plugin to work work with struts 2.1.8 and xwork-core-2.1.6
so for the steps:
1. Edit the source code of the plugin. change the instance of the at around line 310 to
don 't forget to remove the import statement of the previous code
2. add the needed the jars implied by the import statement
remember servelet-api.jar can be found in the tomcat lib folder
3. now compile the whole thing.
4. after adding the jar file to your project download remember to get a copy of itext 2.1.7(specifically if an error occured concerning com/lowagie/text/DocumentException) and not itext 5.x.x as they have changed the namespace from com.lowagie to com.itextpdf.
* Another error might occur concerning beanutil so get the commons-beanutils jar.
* Also don't forget to assign the proper type to the item you're printing.
there you go now just follow the example from their site and you've got yourself a working dynamic jasper report plugin
so their seems to be another problem and now i can only print out pdf file. i'll update when i get it fixed
my bad it was supposed to be isNotEmpty no isEmpty
Oh; I have no idea what that is--it probably would have been better to ask the creators of the plugin directly if it's not part of Struts itself.
Joined: Jun 11, 2010
it's a plugin that allows struts to create jasper reports dynamically with out the jasper report xml file. i actually posted in their forums but no one seems to be there. the reason i placed this post in the other sub-forum is because i thought the error was more related to my configuration with Dynamic jasper Report than with struts 2 and i didn't expect that the plugin has a compatibility issue with the latest version of struts 2. thanks for the reply again