This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
I passed SCJP exam last year and just managed to get through it (68%).It was a narrow escape.Now iam working in an IT firm and also want to go for SCWCD exam and i dont want to repeat the same performance..Since a good time has passed since SCJP i have some queries in my mind.
1. What should be the idle preparation time?
2. What books to refer, i have heard about Head First,is it alone sufficient?
3. I have heard that SCWCD is tuff, So what should be the preparation strategy?
I know that these questions might have been asked many times before, i feel really sorry for that,but due to my previous (SCJP) exam score i feel a little nervous this time.
1. Preparation time is not predictable. It depends on your work load and focus. Just have a look at how others have prepared on results forum.
2. HeadFirst Servlets and JSP is a great book. You may also look at some specifications together with the book.
3. If you believe it is tuff, then it is. In our results forum you can find that lot of people have scored 100% on the exam. I suggest you to read the stories in the results forum understand how to prepare.
Have a look at ScwcdFaq for some important information about this exam.
1. You said "i dont want to repeat the same performance.". So, take your time. Don't worry about how much time it will take. Anyway, it depends on how much time you can spend per week, and how fast you can assimilate the subject.
2. There are good book recommendations at the ScwcdLinks. You'll find other recommendations by ranchers who passed the exam, in the ScwcdWallOfFame.
3. A strategy ? Like any exams, work hard. Make samples. Spend some time at the ranch.
You'll find other resources in the ScwcdFaq. Good luck.