This week's book giveaway is in the JDBC forum.
We're giving away four copies of Make it so: Java DB Connections & Transactions and have Marcho Behler on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes BEA/Weblogic and the fly likes jconsole to weblogic using t3s Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of Make it so: Java DB Connections & Transactions this week in the JDBC forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Products » BEA/Weblogic
Bookmark "jconsole to weblogic using t3s" Watch "jconsole to weblogic using t3s" New topic

jconsole to weblogic using t3s

Jukka Nevalainen

Joined: Dec 14, 2009
Posts: 9
Hi there

I'm trying to get my jconsole connected to a weblogic (hotspot) instance in order to control an mbean. The mbeans is being registered, as the wls console logs the registration.
I've started the server using the following properties:

Besides, I'm starting my jConsole like that:
jconsole.exe -J-Djava.class.path=C:\path\to\java\jdk160_16\lib\tools.jar;C:\path\to\java\jdk160_16\lib\jconsole.jar;C:\path\to\wls\bin\wl10.3b\wlserver\server\lib\wlfullclient.jar;C:\path\to\wls\bin\wl10.3b\modules\com.bea.core.descriptor.wl_1.2.0.0.jar -debug

I created the wlfullclient.jar with some kinda jarbuilder.jar.. (was somewhere included by the weblogic).

So then the JConsole Connection GUI is showing and I enter: localhost:7091 as the remote JMX Server. I actually can connect, but there are only four folders visible in the MBeans part, which are:
- JMImplementation
- java.lang
- java.util.logging

I also tried this URL: service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi:// but nor does this one show any further mbeans.

I read on many sites on the internet about a similar problem accessing custom MBeans but nothing fixed my particular issue.

Help of any kind is appreciated.


@Edit: It's doesn't necessarily need to be t3s as protocol. but that's the one i'm usually using
Vic Pezzolla

Joined: Nov 08, 2009
Posts: 9
I have a similar problem and found a problem a couple of weblogic parameters being set to false. I made them true and was able to connect locally to my mbeans.

wls:/ !> ls()
-rw- CompatibilityMBeanServerEnabled true
-rw- DomainMBeanServerEnabled true
-rw- EditMBeanServerEnabled true
-rw- InvocationTimeoutSeconds 0
-rw- ManagementEJBEnabled true
-rw- Name
-rw- Notes null
-rw- PlatformMBeanServerEnabled false <-------------------- set to false
-rw- PlatformMBeanServerUsed false <-------------------- set to false
-rw- RuntimeMBeanServerEnabled true
-r-- Type JMX

-r-x freezeCurrentValue Void : String(attributeName)
-r-x isSet Boolean : String(propertyName)
-r-x restoreDefaultValue Void : String(attributeName)
-r-x unSet Void : String(propertyName)
I agree. Here's the link:
subject: jconsole to weblogic using t3s
It's not a secret anymore!