This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
Local (Orlando) area candidates will only be considered for this position. Newly created position due to growth. This is a 3 month contract-to-hire position.
In this role you will be responsible for constructing software design models that represent the solution to a business problem solved and/or a roadmap outlined. This position will lead other developers on his/her team to ensure architectural guidelines are followed. This position will also interface with other technical teams in the organization for architectural discussions and decisions and will represent his/her IT development team efforts. This is a hands-on position where 80% to 90% of time will be spent developing applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Assesses level of efforts for incoming projects
Undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge when needed
Makes well-thought-out decisions on complex or ambiguous IT architecture issues
Establishes and communicates technical direction for development team under his/her purview (e.g., Finance and Capital Management).
Acts as a resource for direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff
Interfaces with other development teams and participates in architectural discussions
Evaluates third party tools and technologies for integration into the software development environment
Stays currents on technology trends, frameworks and industry news for incorporating new ideas and concepts
Develops software applications and is accountable for development pieces assigned
Accountable for quality software delivered by the team
Directs the design of critical software components. Reviews, adjusts and approves all system designs created by the team
Create proof of concept implementations for new technologies, techniques and high risk items
Reconcile the architecture of his/her team’s roadmap with the enterprise architecture and participate in the design and evolution of the enterprise architecture
This position will focus in the Finance and Capital Management areas
· Hands-on experience developing in Java and Enterprise Java (J2EE) applications, including user interface, application and data access logic. Experience with Spring is a plus.
· Experience with Agile web-centric frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails, Groovy/Grails, Zend or Django a plus.
· Experience with full system lifecycle for application development
· Knowledge of Object Technology and Component-based Software Development concepts
· Data and Object modeling, data mapping, metadata and repository creation
· Knowledge of Rational Unified Process and Unified Modeling Language (UML)
· Knowledge of “Gang of Four” and J2EE Design Patterns
· Preferred experience includes some or all of the following: facilitation of JAD/JRP sessions, business requirements analysis, conversion skills, entity relationship diagramming, data warehouse and mart modeling, data architectural skills, database design trade-offs, data dictionaries, Oracle, UDB, SQL Server, SQL, Case tools, Reporting tools, metadata message formats, OO analysis and design, and data connectivity.
· Working knowledge of business principles and terminology
· Proven track record for working effectively with technical and business functions
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Knowledge of Data/Entity relationship modeling
· Proven record of constructing and implementing successful applications