my dog learned polymorphism
The moose likes Jobs Discussion and the fly likes Regarding Tax payment Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Careers » Jobs Discussion
Bookmark "Regarding Tax payment" Watch "Regarding Tax payment" New topic

Regarding Tax payment

Sanjaykar Gurram

Joined: May 05, 2008
Posts: 22
Hi All,

Recently i have changed my employer in the month of February. So while filing the tax returns using the 2 Form 16's(1 from old employer till Jan and another from new employer for 2 months Feb and March) i am in tax debt to the government.

In order to pay this amount to IT department i think i need to make online payment using challan. Does any one know which challan number i need to make payment against in this scenario. There are 4 different challans available to pay.

Sim Kim
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 06, 2004
Posts: 268
I think you should use Challan number 280 and Self Assessment Tax 300 .
Deepak Bala

Joined: Feb 24, 2006
Posts: 6662

Ask an auditor ?

SCJP 6 articles - SCJP 5/6 mock exams - More SCJP Mocks
I agree. Here's the link:
subject: Regarding Tax payment
It's not a secret anymore!