Well after 4 months of intense study, I just passed part 1 of the SCEA (87%).
My reading list:
1. Core J2EEpatterns, Alur, Crupi, Malks
2. Java Server Faces in Action, Kito Mann - a bit outdated but I couldn't afford a more up to date book.
3. Design Patterns - Gamma et Al
4. Enterpris e Java Beans 3.0 - O'Reilly. Bill burke and Richard Monson -Haefal
5. Java Message Service - Mark Richards et al
6. Java Web Services up and Running - Martin Kalin
7. Java Transaction Processing - Mark Little et al
8. Java Transaction Design Strategies - Mark Richards
9. Java SOA Cookbook by Eben Hewit
10. Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for Java EE Study Guide
In additions tonnes of articles on various websites (and all the usual mock exams). Too many to mention.
Application Design and Concepts - 88%
Common Architectures - 75%
Integration and Messaging - 100%
Business Tier Technologies - 87%
Web Tier Technologies - 62%
Application of Java EE Technology - 100%
Patterns - 100%
Security - 88%
Overall mark - 87%.
One of the hardest exams I have ever done. I remember thinking during the exam I didn't feel strong on the JSF - the questions were quite tough. Also many of the questions were very tough. You really had to think about them. The more experience you have the better. I have ten years experience in Java but mainly in web centric and 2 - tier architectures.
Thanks to my wife, the loops, for all her support.
What happens now when do I get info for part II?
As far part 2 is concern. Pay on sun site and register. Assignment will come in a email and once you are done with assignment part, register for part 3 at prometric site and give part 3 and submit your assignment through email only.
Part 3 must be given before part 2 and Oracle will only evaluate your assignment, once part 2 and part3 both are complete.