I have cleared SCEA part -1 today(84%). I have been following this forum for the last couple of months and I would like to thanks all of your for your inputs and guidance.
I would like to share my thoughts on the exam.
1. I expected the exam to be much to tougher than what it was in reality(And I liked that fact:-))
2. The following material should be adequate to cover most of the topics
Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for JavaEE Study Guide 2nd ed by Mark Cade & Simon Roberts
MZ's notes - It's an excellent complilation and a big helping hand expecially for lazy souls like me!
3. I didn't read any other books. But read few online tutorial about EJB3.0(http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-08-2005/jw-0815-ejb3.html)
4. Design patterns is relatively easy and if you can catch the key words, it's not very difficult to pick up the right pattern(I used WIKI for design patterns, It gave good examples for each patten and for a few I referred SUN material). Concentrate on this section guys, easy Marks.
To add more point on exam:
1. If you have done some architecture work in past then its very easy to clear this exam as most of the questions revolve around designing.
2. Other areas like security, OOPs basics, presentation framework like JSF etc need to be focused