File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes Oracle/OAS and the fly likes Yo I am an Oracle developer Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login


Win a copy of Java 8 in Action this week in the Java 8 forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Products » Oracle/OAS
Bookmark "Yo I am an Oracle developer" Watch "Yo I am an Oracle developer" New topic
Author

Yo I am an Oracle developer

Mostafa Abdulrahman
Greenhorn

Joined: Aug 22, 2010
Posts: 3
Hello,

I am doing Oracle and I am almost done with the 10g , but I really wanted to take Java from the begining cause I wanna do J2EE since it is a part of 11g which I want to update to. My question is I found this funny neat book which by the way told me about this fun website which I adored from the first second the book is 'called head first jave' so do you guys have other advices to me? please help me
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Joined: Sep 28, 2004
Posts: 18133
    
  39


Welcome to the Java Ranch...

Henry


Books: Java Threads, 3rd Edition, Jini in a Nutshell, and Java Gems (contributor)
Christophe Verré
Sheriff

Joined: Nov 24, 2005
Posts: 14687
    
  16

Welcome to the ranch What do you mean by J2EE is part of Oracle 11g ? I don't understand why you'd need to learn Java to use Oracle 11g ?


[My Blog]
All roads lead to JavaRanch
Mostafa Abdulrahman
Greenhorn

Joined: Aug 22, 2010
Posts: 3
Christophe Verré wrote:Welcome to the ranch What do you mean by J2EE is part of Oracle 11g ? I don't understand why you'd need to learn Java to use Oracle 11g ?



dude 11g consists of (SQL, PL /SQL , J2EE , J2SE ) and don't forget about the java developer
W. Joe Smith
Ranch Hand

Joined: Feb 10, 2009
Posts: 710
Mostafa Abdulrahman wrote:
Christophe Verré wrote:Welcome to the ranch What do you mean by J2EE is part of Oracle 11g ? I don't understand why you'd need to learn Java to use Oracle 11g ?



dude 11g consists of (SQL, PL /SQL , J2EE , J2SE ) and don't forget about the java developer


If I recall correctly, on 10g you can use SQL, PL/SQL, and Java as well.


SCJA
When I die, I want people to look at me and say "Yeah, he might have been crazy, but that was one zarkin frood that knew where his towel was."
Mike Simmons
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 05, 2008
Posts: 2970
    
    9
I think maybe Mostafa is trying to talk about one of the Oracle certification programs. Perhaps the thread would do better in one of the certification forums? Not sure which one, as I haven't paid any attention to cert stuff since before Oracle bought Sun.
Janeice DelVecchio
Saloon Keeper

Joined: Sep 14, 2009
Posts: 1614
    
  10

Mike Simmons wrote:I think maybe Mostafa is trying to talk about one of the Oracle certification programs. Perhaps the thread would do better in one of the certification forums? Not sure which one, as I haven't paid any attention to cert stuff since before Oracle bought Sun.


I don't think so.... the Java certs and the Oracle certs are still two different genres so far. The J2EE exams would be for the SCJD paths, the J2SE would be the SCJA or SCJP.... and the Oracle exams would be any part of the Oracle Certified (associate/professional/master) paths.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Yo I am an Oracle developer
 
Similar Threads
J2SE or JDK API docs for a Mac OSX 10.5 platform?
I'm trying to learn Oracle PL/SQL but want to know if this book I'm using is O.K.
Help about the xml Bible book
SCJP and OCJP
ora-1157 + one sql question.