No, my action name isn't action it is RequestSearchAction and it extends ActionSupport
Joined: Dec 16, 2003
sanjay degala wrote:No, my action name isn't action it is RequestSearchAction and it extends ActionSupport
Oh ok, have a look at this page does something ring a bell?
Joined: Aug 23, 2010
Yeah.. That explains that error occurs if the name of the action is Action . But my action class name is different. I am still not understanding what's causing that error.
Joined: Dec 16, 2003
sanjay degala wrote:Yeah.. That explains that error occurs if the name of the action is Action . But my action class name is different. I am still not understanding what's causing that error.
Of course, that's clear...but can you for example try to include the source jar containing SEOActionNameBuilder in your IDE
and debug it stepwise until you enter the method that throws the following exception?
Did you get a resolution? I ran into the same problem upgrading from Struts 2.0.11 to Struts 2.2.1. I ran it in debug and the SEOActionNameBuilder class did receive an action name "action" But when I checked the entire codebase, I did not see any class called "action". On stack trace it does not give which package the "action" class is coming from.
Could it be that struts.xml has the following with everything listed as list.action? etc.
I had faced the same problem but my mistake is i had imported ActionSupport from spring not from struts.
ocjp 6 — Feeding a person with food is a great thing in this world. Feeding the same person by transferring the knowledge is far more better thing. The reason is the amount of satisfaction which we get through food is of only one minute or two. But the satisfaction which we can get through the knowledge is of life long.
Joined: Jun 19, 2008
So, my issue was a configuration mistake. I went and read the FAQ, always a good idea, and saw that the struts.xml must be in the WEB-INF/classes directory. I had read that it should be in the src directory along with other resources; I took that literally and had it in my src/resources directory along with other property files. Anyway, being an optional file, everything was silently good, until I added the rest and convention plugin jars. Then I started seeing the action name error I previously posted. Having (now) read the FAQ, I moved the struts.xml to the WEB-INF/classes directory, and all is good.