This week's book giveaway is in the Mac OS forum. We're giving away four copies of a choice of "Take Control of Upgrading to Yosemite" or "Take Control of Automating Your Mac" and have Joe Kissell on-line! See this thread for details.
Could not find the main class junit.swingui.TestRunner.
java junit.textui.TestRunner StudentTest
give the error:
Class not found StudentTest
Up to this point I can compile .java programs from the command line.
1. This where I put JUnit: C:\Programs\junit4.9\junit-4.9.jar
2. My JAVA_HOME is set to: C:\Programs\Java\jdk1.6.0_21
3. I'm running this under Windows XP
4. I'm using the most recent versions of these java files.
5. It goes without saying that I'm not using an IDE at this stage.
Googling: "Could not find the main class junit.swingui.TestRunner" gives 1 English entry to Mannings' Testing With JUnit. Reading that gets me no further.
I will use the textui runner until chapter 3, at which point the tutorial book I'm using moves on to using an IDE; unless I accost another compatibility issue, in which case, I might just try using Java 5 in place of 6.
Note to moderator: This thread really belongs in The Beginning Java forum.
subject: [JUnit] Could not find the main class junit.awtui.TestRunner