• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

ClassNotFoundException for LabelValueBean

 
Sam Egbert
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I am trying to run the MailReader sample application. I have struts.jar and all the other common jars in the WEB-INF/lib directory.

I get the following exception when I try to run MailReader:

[#|2005-04-18T21:15:52.531-0500|SEVERE|sun-appserver-pe8.1|org.apache.commons.digester.Digester|_ThreadID=10;|Begin event threw exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.struts.util.LabelValueBean
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:199)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
at org.apache.commons.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.java:252)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Rule.begin(Rule.java:200)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1273)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:485)...


Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Merrill Higginson
Ranch Hand
Posts: 4864
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The only thing I can think of is that you may want to check to see if you have the latest version of struts.jar. I'm not sure if this class was included in the early versions or not.
 
Sam Egbert
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I am making some progress by cleaning up some duplicate jars I have floating around my classpath. I will post my findings after a little more experimentation.
[ April 19, 2005: Message edited by: Sam Egbert ]
 
Sam Egbert
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The sample app had all the following jar files in the war under WEB-INF/lib.

commons-beanutils.jar
commons-collections.jar
commons-digester.jar
commons-fileupload.jar
commons-logging.jar
commons-validator.jar
jakarta-oro.jar
struts.jar

There were duplicates in my app server directory (C:\Sun\AppServer\lib). I removed duplicates. Then I moved the jar files to and from the sample app and the app server trying different combinations. The only configuration that works is when I remove all of these jar files from WEB-INF/lib in the war and put them in C:\Sun\AppServer\lib.

I don't know if this is the best configuration, but it is working for now.

Thanks,
Sam
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic